- As much as I love seeing a Penguins goal, watching the Flyers get angry and frustrated is even more rewarding.
- I can see now that neither team is going to physically overpower the other on the way to victory, and that the series is really going to turn on turnovers and injuries. (How much does Philly miss Kimmo Timonen right now?) While they have some bruisers, I hadn’t thought of the Penguins as a roster-wide band of tough guys, but they’re all hanging right in there with one of the league’s biggest and toughest rosters.
- I have a new respect for Tyler Kennedy after watching him completely whale on Scott Upshall. It’s rare to see a guy throwing punches that fast in an NHL fight.
- Both Biron and Fleury are playing on some crazy, ethereal-goaltending tip.
- It was a little less ethereal, though, when Biron got away with pulling a goal back out of the net.
- Ian Altenbaugh: I agree.
Happy Mother’s Day!